Recent Annual Rummage Sale Finds

Among the good things about living at the sixty (60) unit apartment building I reside in is the annual rummage held to benefit the housing authority's senior meals program that operates out of the same building.

Over the fifteen years I have resided here, I have gotten several different used items including a small couch (which later went to another neighbor), various recliners, a coffee table, a side table, a stool, a foot stool, a printer stand, an ottoman that became a deluxe queen-sized cat bed for my cat Cleopatra (Miss Cleo) as well as wooden pet stairs for Miss Cleo, a large two-wheel laundry basket, various paintings and pictures to hang on the walls of my apartment, a couple of floor lamps as well as a table lamp, a padded desk-type of chair that Miss Cleo had quickly taken ownership of and so on.

One problem had been (and not to complain, because I am grateful to have a place to live as well as having MIss Cleo to share my abode with), however, is due to the size of my small efficiency apartment (400 square feet) and all of the many items collected, whether from the annual rummages sales or obtained elsewhere either new or previously used, over the years is there is no longer room for anything else. If I were to get more in terms of furniture or the like I would need a bigger place or get rid of something, the latter which is not going to happen, unless it is to replace something.

The few exceptions to this, not having room for obtaining much else, is during this year's rummage sale when I came across certain items, including a sorely needed foldable shopping cart that fits nicely in the one remaining spot in the apartment when folded up.

After managing to obtain the cart late last week, prior to the holding of Saturday's rummage sale, I went grocery as well as household shopping, filling the cart full with needed items.

It was a relief to not have to carry the items back home in either my severely worn-out backpack or in reusable shopping bags.

After getting home and unloading the cart of the items purchased, it was folded up and stored away.

Other items obtained when the annual sale was held this past Saturday were a green and black marble chess set (that is being gifted to my eldest adult child, who come to find out has always wanted a stone set), ...

a back massager (that my sore back is very grateful for), ...
and, last though not least, a Havahart animal trap that has been gifted to the Mitzvah Fund mobile veterinary clinic (which will likely be used to trap lost cats).



Have been told by someone in the know that this year's annual rummage sale was not only the 50th anniversary (since they were first held in 1974), but it was also the largest one with the most available items ever.

Update: By the way, when the Havahart trap was donated to the Mitzvah Fund mobile veterinary clinic last week, I also included the stuffed toy kitty with suction cups on its paws that was in my bedroom area window for years. They put the latter item in the upper portion of the front window of the vehicle. 🐱😀







Close up:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Montpelier City Council Meeting Focuses On Homelessness (8/14/2024)

$$$?

7Days: "Montpelier Seeks Proposals for Its Once-Problematic Parklet"